Insurance & Protection


    Insurance Risk: Will climate change affect your premiums?

    Will climate change affect your insurance premiums? The UK is a rather wet place – we’re betting that you’ve noticed that – and British homeowners are used to dealing with things like condensation, damp, and leaky roofs. That said, this summer was one of the hottest on record – hitting a peak of 40 degrees. …


      How can I get the best insurance deal?

      When it comes to insurance, you need to have it to secure your mortgage and to protect your investment, but how can you make sure you’re getting the best deal? As a landlord, you’ll already know that you need to get Buildings Insurance before you can secure your Buy-to-Let mortgage. Mortgage providers insist on this …


        ‘Twas a Flood Before Christmas

        ‘Twas one night over Christmas and all through the rental The landlord was preparing for a season most gentle. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, Hung by the tenant, spending their Christmas there. The landlord was nestled all snug in their bed, While visions of RGI danced in their head. With Mashroom …


          As crime levels soar, how protected are you?

          As crime levels soar, how protected are you? Many of us have mixed feelings about heading back into the office after working-from-home for so long. But could the move away from the dining room table desk actually be impacting the safety of your home? Warnings have come as new data shows that burglaries have surged …


            Landlords Building Insurance

            What is Landlords Building Insurance? Landlord’s building insurance is a type of insurance that covers you for structural damage to your building, such as: Collapsed walls Flood damage Roof damage Window damage Damage caused by burst pipes or leaking water tanks Oil damage from an oil-fired heating system Boiler cover Subsidence We’ll go into these …

            Tenancy deposit
            Money shield
            Local heroes
            Approved code
            Property ombudsman
            Open banking
            Mashroom is an appointed representative of Adelphi Insurance Brokers Ltd. Adelphi Insurance Brokers Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Their Financial Services Register number is 594620, with permitted business activities being introducing, advising, arranging, dealing as agent, assisting in the administration and performance of general insurance contracts and credit broking in relation to insurance instalment facilities. You may check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website, or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768

            Mashroom Mortgages is a trading name of Emash Ltd which is an appointed representative of Mortgage Advice Bureau Limited and Mortgage Advice Bureau (Derby) Limited which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
            Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any debt secured upon it. A fee of up to 1% of the mortgage amount may be charged depending on individual circumstances. A typical fee is £495.
            Emash Ltd. Registered Office: 21 Navigation Business Village Navigation Way, Ashton-On-Ribble, Preston, Lancashire, England, PR2 2YP. Registered in England Number: 11735831.